Wednesday 26 March 2014

Cosy day

I'm snuggled up today coz we're getting the first of the cold, rainy weather here in Canberra.  I started shifting some of the yarn and sewing goodies back down into the flooded sewing room.  Hubby and I spent the last couple of weeks drying the carpets out and digging trenches outside and putting in sumps.  And just in time too now that all this rain has arrived.  Fingers crossed that it worked and we don't end up back at square one with me squirreling boxes of fabric all around the house.

Just having a little coffee break now (including some yummy gingerbread - here's the recipe I'm loving) to go through some of the great yarns I found in some of those boxes.  I haven't knitted in an age - if you used to read CravE you will know that I used to be a big knitter.  Things changed - ie I ran out of time to sit and knit for hours - and everything got boxed up.  But some of the wool I've found over the last two weeks is just gorgeous.  (Thank you to the moth goblins for not chewing holes in it!)  So I have this little arrangement of colours for a blanket and I might use this vintage scarf they're with to make a cushion.


But then this Waterhouse print with the lovely old frame might be nice with it if I replace the orange with something else?


Anyway, gives me something to muse about while I nibble gingerbread and nurse a hot coffee.  Hope you're having a nice day too  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment