Tuesday 6 May 2014

I'm back!



'Game of Thrones' Recap: Sansa's New Home



I just had the nicest camping trip with my little family and feel so relaxed from it.  I was planning to do a post telling you all about it with some great pics we took along the way of  the red dirt of the outback. However, as soon as I got home I got sucked into catching up with Game of Thrones episodes that I'd been taping while I was away.

This might seem strange that I love this show so much.  Most people can't help but focus on the blood and gore.  I don't even notice that.  I'm too busy ogling the amazing costumes and marvelling at the strong female characters and the beautiful scenery.  And at the moment I'm wishing hard that cloaks will come back into style. (Oh, I can see a pattern coming....)  I love how elegant and simple they are, beautiful even in their simple rough fabrics.  Sansa's one above looks so lightweight but seems to be a rough woven silk which would be very warm for its weight.  I love how the hood doesn't look like it would drag on her head (something I hate about most hooded coats), and the way it hangs in folds is so luxe.  The other items I am crazy-craving are the dresses worn by particularly Shae, but also Daenerys and Margaery.  Here's Shae in hers which they change the belts on, it seems, to get different looks:


The designer for the show's costumes is Michele Clapton whose work you can check out here.   And some of the embroidery on the royal gowns are stunning. The artist who made those is Michele Carragher and you can see closeups of her work here.

No comments:

Post a Comment